"Late Start Mondays" begin on Monday, August 23, at the junior high. See below for information regarding "Late Start Mondays."
What's the purpose of Late Start Mondays?
- To allow teacher content teams the time needed to grow professionally in a collaborative setting to improve teaching and learning.
- To review essential standards and learning targets
- To create a guaranteed and viable curriculum for all students.
- To improve student achievement and growth.
- To develop common formative and common summative assessments.
- To plan intervention and extension lessons for students to meet individual student needs.
- To collaborate on the best research-based practices and strategies to use in the classroom.
Late Start Mondays FAQ's
Q: I see 1st period does not begin until 8:50 a.m. on Late Start Mondays. Does this mean my student can't arrive at school before then?
A: Students can still report to the junior high at 7:30 a.m. on Late Start Mondays. Students will still report to their first-period class as normal.
Q: Do I have to send my student at their normal drop-off time, or can I wait and bring them later since the official 1st period start time isn't until 8:50 a.m.?
A: Parents can drop off students between 8:30 a.m. and 8:45 a.m. if they do not want to send their students at the normal drop-off time on Late Start Mondays. Students arriving between 8:30 and 8:45 a.m. will need to enter through the front entrance of the junior high and report to their 1st-period classroom.
Q: Will my student still have all of their classes on Late Start Mondays?
A: Yes. students will still have every class on their schedule. The first-period class-time will take the place of Wolf Time on Late Start Mondays.
Q: My student will arrive at the normal time on Late Start Mondays. What will they be doing until the official 1st period begins at 8:50 a.m.?
A: Students will be provided extra time for lessons and assignments that they may work on during this time through our Learning Management System (Canvas). Building staff will be supervising students during this time.