The Lake Hamilton School District will offer a virtual learning option for students with a verified medical need and proven virtual academic success for the 2021-22 school year. K - 6th-grade virtual students will be served through the Dawson Education Cooperative Consortium. 7 - 12th-grade virtual students will be served through Virtual Arkansas.
The criteria for eligibility in the virtual program is as follows:
- Documented Medical Need (this must be uploaded when filling out this application)
- Past Successful Performance in Virtual School or Onsite Learning
- 4th Quarter Report Card
- Norm-Referenced Tests (iStation/NWEA/Aspire/etc.)
- Students that were virtual at some point during the 20-21 school year and were forced to return onsite are not eligible for 21-22 virtual learning
- Student Attendance (students with poor attendance without a documented medical need are not eligible for 21-22 virtual learning)
Evaluation of student eligibility will be performed by building-level administrators, counselors, and teachers.
Incoming kindergarten students will be evaluated solely on medical needs.
The deadline to apply is Friday, May 21, 2021. Applicants will be notified of their application status on or before July 1, 2021.
In order for a student to be eligible for virtual learning at Lake Hamilton, the student must have a documented medical need for remaining off-campus. A copy of the physician/doctor's letter confirming student medical needs must be uploaded when filling out the application below.