296 River Mill Point Hot Springs, AR 71913 760-3541
Board Vice President
121 Kingery Lane Royal, AR 71968 767-1327
441 Walnut Hill Hot Springs, AR 71913 627-4122
Dr. Tiffany McCain
155 Parkway Square
Pearcy, AR 71964
341 Kauffman Road Hot Springs, AR 71913 318-9565
School boards, elected by their communities, represent the community's beliefs and values. Consider these five reasons that the school board, which represents your community's beliefs and values, should be the decision maker in today's schools:
1. Your school board looks out for children,first and foremost. Education is not a line item in your school board's budget. It is the only item.
2. Your school board is the advocate for your community when decisions are made about your children's education. The school board represents the public's voice in public education, providing citizen governance for what the public schools need and what the community wants.
3. Your school board sets the standard for achievement in your district, incorporating the community's view of what students should know and be able to do at each grade level. Your school board also is responsible for working with the superintendent to establish a valid process for measuring student success and, when necessary, shifting resources to ensure that the district's goals are achieved.
4. Your school board is accessible to you and accountable for the performance of the schools in your district. If the schools are not producing, it is your right as a voter to select new board members who will see to it that your students and your schools succeed.
5. Your school board is your community's education watchdog, ensuring that taxpayers get the most for their tax dollars.